Re: missing patch comments should not be classified as an error

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 09:18:48PM +0200, John Marino wrote:
 > >  >  Can we get this put back to a warning?
 > >
 > >Given that the change was made intentionally in response to the last
 > >round of flamage on this issue, I doubt you'll convince anyone.
 > >
 > >I think it's fine the way it is...
 >
 > Alright, then I'll just locally remove this error from pkglint and
 > the "new pkglint" available warning and not update it anymore.
 > Having it as a warning was obnoxious enough, but one could live
 > with that.

That is... not really a constructive attitude. If nothing else, please
at least carry a local patch instead of not updating -- pkglint has
been getting improved lately (for a change) and with any luck this
will continue.

(Also, what's the difference? As far as I can tell, when you run
pkglint it just spews notices at you, and while some of them are
tagged "error", any further consequences are up to the operator...)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost