Re: missing patch comments should not be classified as an error

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 09:18:48PM +0200, John Marino wrote:
 > >  >  Can we get this put back to a warning?
 > >
 > >Given that the change was made intentionally in response to the last
 > >round of flamage on this issue, I doubt you'll convince anyone.
 > >
 > >I think it's fine the way it is...
 > Alright, then I'll just locally remove this error from pkglint and
 > the "new pkglint" available warning and not update it anymore.
 > Having it as a warning was obnoxious enough, but one could live
 > with that.

That is... not really a constructive attitude. If nothing else, please
at least carry a local patch instead of not updating -- pkglint has
been getting improved lately (for a change) and with any luck this
will continue.

(Also, what's the difference? As far as I can tell, when you run
pkglint it just spews notices at you, and while some of them are
tagged "error", any further consequences are up to the operator...)

David A. Holland