Re: missing patch comments should not be classified as an error

On 9/15/2012 19:49, David Holland wrote:
On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 03:49:51PM +0200, John Marino wrote:
  >  I don't know when this changed, but I just installed the latest
  >  pkglint to clean up a makefile and it's reporting a missing comment
  >  on a patch as an error.
  >
  >  While I've softened my stance on patch comments in recent weeks, I
  >  can not agree that a patch lacking a comment constitutes an error.
  >  That's a bit too draconian.  Many of these patches are very old and
  >  many others frankly don't need a comment.
  >
  >  Can we get this put back to a warning?

Given that the change was made intentionally in response to the last
round of flamage on this issue, I doubt you'll convince anyone.

I think it's fine the way it is...

Alright, then I'll just locally remove this error from pkglint and the "new pkglint" available warning and not update it anymore. Having it as a warning was obnoxious enough, but one could live with that.