Re: Any issue with upgrading lang/tcl to 8.5.12 ?

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012, John Marino wrote:
I've been requested to update a package that requires a minimum version of TCL as 8.5.0. This is not entirely unreasonable given that 8.5.0 was released in December, 2007, nearly 6 years ago.

pkgsrc is still on the 8.4 series of lang/tcl.
Is there any reason we can't or shouldn't upgrade?
I'm asking before I attempt it in case there's some background info I don't know.

You must ensure that packages that use tcl/tk still work. For instance, the mbone tools: vic, vat, rat, wbd

--
Stephen