Re: Broken binaries again

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 02:18:08PM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
>> But I'd like to draw develper's attention to the problems of the repository
>> we provide in general, e.g.
>> - PROVIDES/REQUIRES consistency
>
> There are situations when they won't be consistent.

In such cases package should be marked as "do not generate REQUIRES for me".
pkg_summary(5) should contain a random garbage.

> Tools must be able to deal with that, otherwise they are broken.

I don't think so. Packages that heavily use LD_LIBRARY_PATH, for example, should
be fixed on pkgsrc side, not on the side of package managers.

>> - A lot of missing CONFLICTS (they are collected by distbb bulk builds)
>
> Frankly, most of the CONFLICTS should be just removed, not new ones
> added. They are prune to errors and often outdated.

Up-to-date and correct information is here.
http://mova.org/~cheusov/pub/pkgsrc-distbb/NetBSD51/HEAD/logs/20120511.1143/META/check_missing_CONFLICTS.html