Re: Broken binaries again

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>
wrote:
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 01:14:21PM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
>> darkice-0.17.1nb1 REQUIRES /usr/pkg/lib/libfaac.so.0 but none packages
>> PROVIDE it according to pkg_summary(5).
>
> So in the xulrunner/firefox case it is a typo in the PLIST?

No. PROVIDES and REQUIRES fields are generated automatically
at build time in pkgformat/pkg/metadata.mk

> Why is that not detected when creating the pkg? Symlinks created in the
> staging directory by the pkg, but not in the final installation?

I haven't analyzed firefox yet. So, no idea.

But I'd like to draw develper's attention to the problems of the repository
we provide in general, e.g.
- PROVIDES/REQUIRES consistency
- A lot of missing CONFLICTS (they are collected by distbb bulk builds)
- Version of the package going backward (already discussed, collected
by distbb).
- REQUIRES that points to buid host temporary directory
- ...