Re: why is replace.mk complaining about gsed?

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 02:28:50PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
 > No, see tools/replace.mk, line 89. Dropping it from MAKEVARS would work
 > around this specific case, but all other problems of cached variables
 > would remain...

It would be nice if there were a way to detect these cases and fail up
front. It isn't obvious when you really need to make clean, and
failure to do so when it's needed generally leads to incomprehensible
problems that take forever to track down.

I have no idea how to detect the problem though...

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost