Re: pkg_install in base system again

At 13:09 Uhr +0200 08.11.2011, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
>>  > Of course, I could 'chmod -x /usr/sbin/pkg_*' after every system
>>update...
>>
>> Or you could set $PATH correctly...
>
>If we have to explicitely skip outdated and buggy
>pkg_* tools in base, what is the reason to have it in base then?

How about shipping the pkg_* tools as a separate NetBSD install set, to be
installed in /usr/pkg/sbin IFF that doesn't exist, yet?

You'd get install_* tools, either in usable, or at least upgradeable form.

        hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281