Re: R packages

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 11:06:05AM -0500, Tim Zingelman wrote:
 > Sorry to veer slightly off topic, but I feel the need to point out
 > that while this may be true for auto-generated R packages, please be
 > aware that there are many packages in pkgsrc where the directory name
 > does not match the package name.  The most common cases are those
 > where the package name depends upon the version of something else
 > (like py25-XXX, or ruby18-XXX) and then there are those where part of
 > the version number is embedded in the directory name (www/firefox36
 > for example).  Thanks.  - Tim

There are also some that vary by capitalization, some where one name
is a longer form of the other, and a handful that are just wildly off
the track. The most glaring one I know about is "nfsshell", which
lives in security/nfsbug, but I expect there are others.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost