Re: OpenIndiana/SunOS binary pkgsrc repository

hakansom%ohsu.edu@localhost said:
> I suspect that your pkgsrc bulk-build machine has this libiconv.so (in /usr/
> gnu/lib/) left over from an earlier OpenSolaris install.  The file is
> certainly not present in a fresh OI148 install, and it is also not present in
> any of the bulk build prerequisites listed in the project wiki referenced
> above (I searched the contents of all of them).
>
> I think that at least nmh may need to be rebuilt on a machine which does not
> have that obsolete SUNWgnu-libiconv package on it.  The "configure" phase
> should find the proper iconv routines in the other libraries that are
> present.  I will let you know if I find other pkgsrc binaries that depend on
> this old package.

Or, maybe we will find, as I did, that adding the old package still did
not help nmh find libiconv.so;  It's not in the library runpath.  Maybe
a more likely story is that nmh depends on libiconv.so from pkgsrc itself,
but that dependency just did not get recorded somehow.  The workaround for
me was to manually "pkgin install libiconv" from the IPP pkgsrc repository.

Regards,

Marion