Re: Making DESTDIR support mandatory

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 05:40:14PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
 > I am going to make USE_DESTDIR the unconditional default after the
 > branch. It's been hold off long enough already.

Are you intending to fix either of the problems I have repeatedly
brought up / asked you about before? To wit:

1. Building packages with USE_DESTDIR by default accumulates binary
package tarballs in /usr/pkgsrc/packages, so switching to it causes a
silent behavior change that's both annoying to cope with and difficult
or impossible to disable.

2. undo-replace does not work with USE_DESTDIR, which is a significant
regression.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost