Re: "doc" option

Aleksej Saushev <> writes:

>   Hello!
> Unless anyone objects in a week, I'll start adding "doc" option to packages
> I'm interested to be stripped of installed documentation. First positions
> in the queue are occupied by modular packages. I'm not going to change
> current state, default will be to install documentation.

so doc option is in PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS, and
  PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=         -doc
will cause all of the not to a) build/install docs and b) depend on
documentation tools?  That sounds excellent to me.

> If you have better ideas on how not to install documentation, speak up.
> (One of alternatives is making packages obey NOMAN or NO_MAN setting.)

pkgsrc is more than NetBSD, so hooking into BSD base system mk.conf
seems to be asking for nonportable trouble.

I suppose we could make NOMAN force the above default options, but I
have a mild preference not to go there - I think it will lead to enough
questions due to mysteriousness that it would be a net time cost for the