Re: why unacceptable license condition: ruby-license ?

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 07:24:31AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
 > But ruby-license is a file in pkgsrc that says "GPLv2 or
 > old-non-Free-ruby-terms".  So just doing what you suggest is confusing,
 > and one must follow either GPLV2 or the original, not both, so it should
 > be OR.

Currently a substantial fraction (in fact, well over half) of the uses
of "ruby-license" say "ruby-license OR gplv2". It seems to me that the
best way forward is:

   - rename "ruby-license" to "old-ruby-license"
   - remove the GPL references from licenses/old-ruby-license.txt
   - alas, check all the packages that currently refer to it but have
     text other than "ruby-license OR gplv2".

I don't think this is quite the same as any of your plans though.

 > Sorry this is so long, but I think it's a strength of pkgsrc that we are
 > careful about licenses.

Yes.

--
David A. Holland