Re: patch: handling python distutils and egg files

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 08:37:19AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I think the only PYDISTUTILSPKG packages that have eggs in PLIST are
> ones I have just changed.

Ok.

> I realize your goal, but I don't follow your proposed mechanism.  I
> think that a distutils-using PLIST needs to contain:
>
>   ${PLIST.eggfile}${PYSITELIB}/${EGG_FILE}
>
> to have the egg file for 2.5+ and not for 2.4.  My awk pattern was
> intended to generate that.  Can you say what line should be in the
> PLIST?

I had hoped the gsub would work and
${PYSITELIB}/${EGG_FILE}
would be sufficient.

Do all distutils eggs look like ${PYSITELIB}/${EGG_FILE} ?
Then we could add a ${PYDISTUTILS_EGG} line in PLIST, which would get
replaced with a @comment for python2.4 and with the proper filename
for newer pythons. What do you think of that?
 Thomas