Re: copyright holder for PKGSRC/pkgtools/bootstrap-mk-files/files

 >> > I cannot find any copyright notices under
 >>
 >> >     PKGSRC/pkgtools/bootstrap-mk-files/files
 >>
 >> > directory.
 >> > Does this mean that everything there is public domain?
 >>
 >> I'm packaging bmake and mk-files for Debian and want to know
 >> what is the licence of mk-files. Public domain or 2/3/4 clause BSD?

> I think it's a huge leap between "this file has no explicit copyright
> asserted", and "this file is in the public domain".

> Different files have different origins, and will therefore have
> different licenses.  Equally, people may have made substantial (> 50%
> of file changed) changes, in which case they may wish to assert their
> copyright on the file too.

I checked all files and found nothing except

   8.1 (Berkeley) 8/14/93

and cvs markers. No license, just where mk-files came from.

For more than 15 years of existense nobody
marked their changes with proper copyright notice.
If I understand correctly "no explicit license" == "public domain"
by default.

The only thing I really need is to fill in debian/copyright file.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.