Re: handling of new user/group additions in binary packages is broken

On Fri, 29 May 2009 08:31:50 +0900, Greg A. Woods <woods%planix.com@localhost>
wrote:

> At Fri, 29 May 2009 06:53:16 +0900, "OBATA Akio"
> <obache%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> Subject: Re: handling of new user/group additions in binary packages is broken

>> I would like to know "what package"?
>> Usually, files are no need to owned by the package spesific user/group.
>
> Any and all packages that add new users and/or groups during
> installation, and which contain files owned by those users and/or
> groups, can be affected when using any(?) pkg_install version prior to
> 20090528 to install binary packages on systems which have already had
> local users and/or groups added.
>
> As per PR# pkg/41100, the dbus package is an excellent example.

I believe that special owner/group/permissions care must be in POST-INSTALL
script.
Then, I think not "all packages are broken" but "the package is broken".
As per PR#41100, it should be fixed by dbus-1.2.4.2nb4.

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost