Re: handling of new user/group additions in binary packages is broken

At Fri, 29 May 2009 06:53:16 +0900, "OBATA Akio" <obache%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:
Subject: Re: handling of new user/group additions in binary packages is broken

> On Fri, 29 May 2009 01:55:36 +0900, Greg A. Woods
> <woods%planix.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> > At Thu, 28 May 2009 12:00:34 +0900, "OBATA Akio"
> > <obache%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> > Subject: Re: handling of new user/group additions in binary packages is
> > broken
> >>
> >> Then, with what packages, can I reproduce the probem mentioned in your
> >> mail?
> >
> > I think the following steps should reproduce and demonstrate the problem:
>
> I would like to know "what package"?
> Usually, files are no need to owned by the package spesific user/group.

Any and all packages that add new users and/or groups during
installation, and which contain files owned by those users and/or
groups, can be affected when using any(?) pkg_install version prior to
20090528 to install binary packages on systems which have already had
local users and/or groups added.

As per PR# pkg/41100, the dbus package is an excellent example.

> If so required, need special care.

Indeed.

--
                                                Greg A. Woods