Re: USE_DESTDIR broken on packages without PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Aleksej Saushev wrote:

David Brownlee <> writes:

        Actually *almost* all of the packages I need seem to
        have PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT. Is there a switch that can be
        set that forces destdir usage (and breaks the build of
        packages which do not support it?) Something we can
        encourage developers to set :)

mk.conf magic?

.BEGIN:;  exit 1 # sketch

        Thanks! I may be missing something obvious, but I ended up with:

.if defined(PKGPATH)
SKIP_DESTDIR=lang/pear databases/pear-MDB2 \
        databases/pear-MDB2_Driver_pgsql net/pear-Net_SMTP
. if empty(PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT) && empty(META_PACKAGE) && \
.BEGIN:;  @echo missing PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT ${PKGPATH}>&2 ; exit 1 # sketch
. endif

                David/absolute       -- No hype required --