Re: Failures of some gnome packages (linkage, -ldb4)

 >> Does libgnome-desktop link against libpython? If so, I'll argue the
 >> gnome-desktop bl3.mk should include python stuff and pull in db4 that
 >> way.

As a simple test I commented the lines below and rebuild
x11/gnome-desktop, devel/eel, sysutils/nautilus and
sysutils/gnome-settings-daemon. All these packages failed in
0090410.2105 bulk build because of '/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldb4'
error.

Now all they are built just fine.
Logs are here:

http://mova.org/~cheusov/pub/pkgsrc-distbb/Linux/current-destdir/logs/python-gnome-test4/META/progress.txt

That is, there are no any reason to add python's bl3.mk to gnome-desktop's
bl3.mk.

I know that moving these lines from lang/python/pyversion.mk to
lang/python/extension.mk may have negative side effects.  For example,
textproc/gnome-doc-utils package including lang/python/application
relies on BUILDLINK_PREFIX.${PYPACKAGE} variable defined in
lang/python25/buildlink.mk.

Alternatively including the following code (lang/pythonNN/bl3.mk)

   .if ${OPSYS} != "IRIX"
   .  include "../../mk/bdb.buildlink3.mk"
   .endif

can be disabled when this file is included from
lang/python/application.mk. The same for 'mk/pthread.buildlink3.mk' from
lang/python/pyversion.mk.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.