Re: Failures of some gnome packages (linkage, -ldb4)

 >> Does libgnome-desktop link against libpython? If so, I'll argue the
 >> gnome-desktop should include python stuff and pull in db4 that
 >> way.

As a simple test I commented the lines below and rebuild
x11/gnome-desktop, devel/eel, sysutils/nautilus and
sysutils/gnome-settings-daemon. All these packages failed in
0090410.2105 bulk build because of '/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldb4'

Now all they are built just fine.
Logs are here:

That is, there are no any reason to add python's to gnome-desktop's

I know that moving these lines from lang/python/ to
lang/python/ may have negative side effects.  For example,
textproc/gnome-doc-utils package including lang/python/application
relies on BUILDLINK_PREFIX.${PYPACKAGE} variable defined in

Alternatively including the following code (lang/pythonNN/

   .if ${OPSYS} != "IRIX"
   .  include "../../mk/"

can be disabled when this file is included from
lang/python/ The same for 'mk/' from

>   lang/python/

>     141 PTHREAD_OPTS+=  require
>     142 .include "../../mk/"
>     143
>     144 .if defined(PYTHON_FOR_BUILD_ONLY)
>     145 BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.python?=    build
>     146 .endif
>     147 .if defined(PYPKGSRCDIR)
>     148 .include "${PYPKGSRCDIR}/"
>     149 .endif