Re: Failures of some gnome packages (linkage, -ldb4)

 >> > On 26/04/2009, at 12:47 AM, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
 >>  >> These failures happen because at build time there is no db4 library
 >>  >> (no
 >>  >> inclusion of but -ldb4 is mentioned in
 >>  >> against which linkage is made.
> Does libgnome-desktop link against libpython? If so, I'll argue the
> gnome-desktop should include python stuff and pull in db4 that
> way.

I think the real problem is in lang/python/* files.

libgnome-desktop/Makefile includes lang/python/
If I understand correctly, this means that libgnome-desktop package
contains application written in python.
That is, this doesn't mean that this packages provides python extensions
written in C.

Now look at

     16 .include "../../lang/python/"

    141 PTHREAD_OPTS+=  require
    142 .include "../../mk/"
    144 .if defined(PYTHON_FOR_BUILD_ONLY)
    145 BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.python?=    build
    146 .endif
    147 .if defined(PYPKGSRCDIR)
    148 .include "${PYPKGSRCDIR}/"
    149 .endif

I didn't test this proposal but it looks like the above lines from
lang/python/ should be moved to

Again, If I understand correctly lang/python/ is not for
python extensions writtent in C too. Right?

Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.