Re: Failures of some gnome packages (linkage, -ldb4)

> On 26/04/2009, at 12:47 AM, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:

 >> These failures happen because at build time there is no db4 library
 >> (no
 >> inclusion of but -ldb4 is mentioned in
 >> against which linkage is made.

> If the package directly links against libdb4, it should include its
>!  Have you tried including to see if it
> works then?

Of course adding fixes the problem, but I'm not sure
this is a correct fix because these packages don't need db4 directly.
-ldb4 comes from...(long way)... python2.5.

Can those who maintain GNOME packages explain why
contains -ldb4? The real problem is probably here.

Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.