Re: installing libnbcompat as static library

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 02:27:48PM +0100, Roland Illig wrote:
> I wonder why each package that needs one of the "features" of
> libnbcompat has to configure and build libnbcompat. In my opinion, it
> would be easier to build it once with all the features and install it as
> $PREFIX/lib/libnbcompat.a.

It wasn't really intended for that use, e.g. look at the last commit for
pkgtools/libnbcompat/buildlink3.mk. It should look somewhat different if
you want to use it as shared library for certain features. E.g. to add
glob(3) or err(3) support to programs. That makes it less granular
though.

Joerg