Re: 'file' dependency in pkgsrc (Was: How to bootstrap pkgsrc on a system without ftp or file)

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

      It then goes to build 'tnftp' which
        has a build dependency on 'file'.

OK, this is a default dependency from You might want to look
at for a workaround. In short, the file dependency is
somewhat bogus, I'm not even sure if we acutally use it still.

        It looks like its used in:
        - check/ (disabled by default)
        - scripts/shlib-type (for _SHLIB_TYPE_cmd in
        I'll use the OSF1 workaround for now - thanks

        Amusingly enough this system doesn't support shared libraries, so
        that is one case that is never going to be called anyway.
        Incidently what should _OPSYS_SHLIB_TYPE be set to on such
        a system?

                David/absolute       -- No hype required --