Re: How to bootstrap pkgsrc on a system without ftp or file

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 10:59:16PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
>       Running bootstrap builds 'bmake', 'libnbcompat', 'awk',
>       'sed', and 'pkgtools'.

Yes, as those are the minimal self contained set.

>       It then goes to build 'tnftp' which
>       has a build dependency on 'file'.

OK, this is a default dependency from bsd.pkg.mk. You might want to look
at tools.OFS1.mk for a workaround. In short, the file dependency is
somewhat bogus, I'm not even sure if we acutally use it still.

Joerg