Re: PKG_CONFIG_PATH

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 11:46:40AM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 00:55:49 +0900, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>
> wrote:
>
> >> On OpenSolaris a number of .pc files are supplied with the base OS which
> >> I'd like to use.  Ideally I'd just like to be able to do a
> >> CONFIGURE_ENV+=    PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig so it picks up e.g.
> >> openssl.
> >
> > Ideally this one file would get buildlinked into the pkg-config
> > buildlink directory after being found by a builtin.mk file after the
> > dependency was expressed normally and the builtin version found to be
> > adequate.
> >
> >> As a hack I suppose I could just ${CP} the .pc file from the base OS
> >> into the pkg-config path but that just seems ugly to me.
> >
> > agreed; seems like asking for trouble
>
> X11 related builtin.mk using mk/buildlink3/pkgconfig-builtin.mk to do so.

pkgconfig-builtin.mk is a mean to detect built-ins, not buildlink them.
For X11 built-ins, it's still all done in x11-links.

Maybe the builtin.mk file can add the .pc file to BUILDLINK_FILES.pkg
(and in such case pkgconfig-builtin.mk could certainly do it
automatically) and it'd get buildlinked, but I'm not sure it actually
works.  One would have to try.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost