Re: suggested pkglint change: error on missing comment for patch

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 09:10:57PM +0100, Klaus Heinz wrote:
 > Getting patches integrated is time consuming work and you must be able
 > to explain the reason for your patch and often adapt it to the upstream
 > project's wishes. I'm sorry, but you I think you should forget the term
 > "automatic feedback" in this context.

Yeah. But, keeping the upstream bug reporting address in the package
makefile so it doesn't have to be dug out of docs or webpages would be
a big help.

Something as simple as

   UPSTREAM=mail bugs%example.com@localhost [worked 1/2009]

would do the trick. Digging this information out of an unfamiliar
package is often surprisingly tedious.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost