Re: destdir: 'make package' inconsistency

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 08:57:25 +0900, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>
wrote:

> I haven't been running USE_DESTDIR yet, but I agree with Thomas that the
> following incanations should have the same result as without DESTDIR:
>
>   make install
>   make replace
>   make package
>
> (and by extension, things like 'make replace package clean'.)
>
> It seems that the only change needed to get to this state is to in the
> DESTDIR case have 'install' also push the bits to /usr/pkg from the
> DESTDIR, and add install-destdir to do what install does now.  Is this
> true, and if so are there objections?

(I never use 'make replace', it's dangerous for me...)
Do you think what will be happend when 'make install-destdir' with
USE_DESTDIR=no
and/or PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT=no packages?

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)