Re: Options vs. Binary packages

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008, Blair Sadewitz wrote:
The scope of my thinking was definitely too narrow
and/or I was not clear enough in explaining what I meant: In a
majority of cases, I agree with your suggestion.  It could be that
ffmpeg's been bothering me lately. ;)

You've also hit upon one possible secario which could benefit from a
"collection of meta-options".

Indeed and ffmpeg/vlc is a good demonstration of packages that have dependencies on the same things. You can remove theora from vlc, but it'll still get pulled in by ffmpeg, so currently you'd need to look at (and set) the options of all dependencies.

--
Stephen