Re: Porting Numpy

On Monday 11 August 2008 21:44:30 Mark Davies wrote:
> On Monday 11 August 2008 22:25:23 you wrote:
> > Thanks. The wip/py-numpy package also fails to build
> > complaining that it can find -lg95 as pkg/lang/g95 only
> > provides a static library.
>
> Are you doing something to explicitly use g95 rather than the
> standard pkgsrc use of f2c?  (such as
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2008/06/21/msg001181.html)
>
> > When was it the last time you've built this package?
>
> I built it about 1 month ago on an i386 with just the standard
> f2c setup and prior to that on several systems with the g95 setup
> described in the above tech-pkg message.
>
> I haven't tried it on amd64 or some other platform that is more
> fussy than i386 on mixing static and shared libs.
>
> Also haven't tried it in an environment where the g95 package is
> installed but not explicitly trying to use it, so its possible
> that in that case the numpy configure detects g95 and tries to
> use it but then trips up on the libraries as no buildlink has
> been set up.
>
> cheers
> mark

not really, although g95 is installed on the system and due to
patch-aa it seems that it used this compiler. After deinstallation
of g95, wip/py-numpy installs but still produces the same error as
with my home grown solution, which was reported in PR36092.

File "/usr/pkg/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/linalg/__init__.py",
line 4, in <module>
    from linalg import *

File "/usr/pkg/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/linalg/linalg.py",
line 29, in <module>
    from numpy.linalg import lapack_lite
ImportError: /usr/pkg/lib/liblapack.so.3: Undefined PLT
symbol "pow_zi" (symnum = 72)

Adding libF77 and libI77  symbol MAIN__. I know octave works which
also uses the lapack library but can't see what makes the
difference in case of py_numpy.

cheerio Berndt