Re: p5-* modules and DEPEND for tests

In article <20080714115508.GA811%habel.name@localhost> Ulrich wrote:
: I am about to take the maintainership of some more perl modules. Right
: now I see something inconsistent happening in pkgsrc. Some Perl modules
: do included all the modules which are needed for successful tests in
: their Makefile and some don't.

  We should add support for TEST_DEPENDS to pkgsrc.  I have a patch
for this that needs cleanup.  I'll try to get it committed soon.

  Then, you should add the modules that are only needed to run the
tests as TEST_DEPENDS.

  If you want to start your cleanup now, go ahead and for now add
        BUILD_DEPENDS+=TEST_DEPENDS
to your /etc/mk.conf (so you can test your changes).

                                yours,
                                dillo