Re: dependancies and bulk builds

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 01:25:20PM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
>  >> Requirement: commits to quarter branches MUST increase package version.
>  >> Otherwise pkg_cmp_summary will not list changed packages.
>
> > After more though, I think we can just do rebuilds based on PKGVERSION
> > for stable branches: when a change to sources or dependancies is made which
> > would change the resulting binary package, PKGVERSION has to be changed.
> This is exactly what I said. 'pkg_cmp_summary -p' compares a version part
> of PKGNAME (for the same PKGPATH), that is PKGVERSION.

Yes, but I think it could be done as part of pbulk in a much easier
way. It's just some checks that have to be disabled. For automated
builds it's better to do it this way. The problem I have with what
you proposed is that if for some reason, a package isn't built, I think it
won't be tried on the next round. For example, curl didn't build
on NetBSD 3.x, also breaking a lot of dependant packages. With the
limited_list= way, we would have needed to have it and all the packages
that depends on it in packages_to_be_rebuild.txt. No so easy to do ...