Re: package maintainers vs owners

Hello Aleksey and all tech-pkg@!

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 10:58:08PM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> Side question. What about the fact that pkgsrc is multiplatform
> packaging system. Single MAINTAINER/OWNER just cannot maintain a
> package on all platforms supported by pkgsrc. maintainerS/ownerS?
> Interactions between them?...
I also saw that some packages ATM have got more than one MAINTAINER, for
example x11/mlterm (for a complete(?) list:
grep "MAINTAINER=.*,.*" $PKGSRCDIR/*/*/Makefile ) and IMHO
pkgtools/pkglint (in this box I've got pkglint-4.85) doesn't work
properly with them:

 [...]
 $ pkglint
 WARN: Makefile:8: "uebayasi%NetBSD.org@localhost,hira%NetBSD.org@localhost" is
not a valid mail address.
 [...]

Probably something like that can be a good idea (IMO):

 [...]
 MAINTAINERS=   a_maintainer%blabla.bla@localhost
another_maintainer%blabla.bla@localhost
 OWNERS=        a_owner%blabla.bla@localhost