[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: [announcement] distbb - new tool for DISTrbuted Bulk Builds!
I've made my own tool for a distributed bulk builds, distbb.
It is available as a package wip/distbb.
- several packages can be built at the same time on different
machines or chroots
- there is no limit on a number of building nodes
- ready for bulk builds with DESTDIR enabled
- logs are better than pbulk's (inspired by Hubert's bulk build)
- no pbulk-like "surprizes" like pkg/36985, pkg/37100, pkg/37700 etc.
Example bulk build result:
I think distbb is in beta stage.
So, bug reports, suggestions, questions etc. are welcome, as always.
Is there a summary somewhere of the relative strengths and weaknesses of
this approach versus pbulk? While I think competition is a good thing,
I also hope we don't let one bitrot.
Main Index |
Thread Index |