Re: [announcement] distbb - new tool for DISTrbuted Bulk Builds!

Oh my... this is absolutely marvelous!

Thank you!

On Apr 5, 2008, at 1:43 PM, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:

May be you find it interesting.

From: Aleksey Cheusov <>
Date: April 5, 2008 1:26:16 PM EDT
Subject: [announcement] distbb - new tool for DISTrbuted Bulk Builds!

I've made my own tool for a distributed bulk builds, distbb.
It is available as a package wip/distbb.

Key features:
  - several packages can be built at the same time on different
    machines or chroots
  - there is no limit on a number of building nodes
  - ready for bulk builds with DESTDIR enabled
  - logs are better than pbulk's (inspired by Hubert's bulk build)
- no pbulk-like "surprizes" like pkg/36985, pkg/37100, pkg/37700 etc.

Example bulk build result:

I think distbb is in beta stage.
So, bug reports, suggestions, questions etc. are welcome, as always.

Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.

Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.

William J. Coldwell (Cryo)
Custodial Engineer