Re: The following selected options are not supported: prefix-cmds.

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> Note that removing deprecated stuff has to happen at some point,
> it just sticks around otherwise. The consensus was always "keep it
> deprecated for one full quarter branch", so if you skip branches,
> well, you get what you asked for.

In this case, the option was removed from HEAD after being deprecated
for only one month, which is less than a quarter.  I think "one full
quarter" is too short: I'd prefer at least 12 months.  (Last time I
deleted and rebuilt all my pkgs was in August 2007, about 6 months ago,
and I imagined that I was rebuilding pkgs more often than typical end
user.)

--apb (Alan Barrett)