Re: The following selected options are not supported: prefix-cmds.

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 11:24:15PM -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
Any suggestion on how we can improve this instead of having to track down in old cvs history?

You deal with "A user hasn't bothered to look at his mk.conf for more
than a full branch"? I wouldn't bother with that either.

But I do.

Usually, I set up my mk.conf when I download pkgsrc for the first time, and then I forget that it even exists because everything works as it should.

I think it would make sense to distinguish between deprecated and obsolete options. The former ones should generate a warning, and the latter ones an error. A deprecated option should become obsolete about three months after it became deprecated.

Roland