Re: patch filenames

On 07/01/2008, at 13:30, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 12:50:44AM +0100, Roland Illig wrote:
3. Group functional changes into one patch file:

Absolutely rejected. This is a nightmare for maintainance.

Not with proper tools. And, as I said, it makes feeding back patches to upstream *a lot* easier because they are in a format ready to be submitted.

I don't think we should discard this approach so quickly.

Julio M. Merino Vidal <>