Re: npf and source routing

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 09:47:51PM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
>     Date:        Wed, 14 Oct 2020 15:06:28 +0200
>     From:        Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>
>
>   | unfortunably I couldn't get it to work. When I set the default route
>   | to 10.255.255.254, packet don't go out, on eiter interface.
>   | This is on netbsd-9 evbarm.
>
> That should work, if configured properly.
>
> Check the routing table, make sure that the default route picked
> srt0 as its destination interface (and the the rest of the routing
> is correct).   srt simply calls the interface output routine for the
> interface selected by the source addr matching, so as long as the
> packets you want to switch this way all go to the srt interface,
> and the src addr of those packets matches something you have configured
> with srtconfig, it should just work.

but it doens't. I double-checked everything, rebooted and created the
setup again, notyhing changed it. As soon as I set up the route through
srt0, the outgoing packets for non-local networks seems to fall in a black
hole. I can't see then on any interface.

Anyway with ipf it works, so that's what I'm going to use for now.