Re: Subtle NFS incompatibility with SunOS 4.1.1 on 68K

hi,

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 05:03:04PM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> > On Mar 17, 2020, at 5:00 PM, Chris Hanson <cmhanson%eschatologist.net@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > On Mar 17, 2020, at 4:58 PM, Jason Thorpe <thorpej%me.com@localhost> wrote:
> >>
> >> How big is the file system that you're sharing to the Sun 3?  Is it larger than 2GB?  (Probably...)
> >
> > Indeed it is, I'm using a 64GB SD card with one NetBSD partition and one swap partition (which is hardly ever touched). So it's not just >2GB, it's >4GB.
>
> Yah, what the NFS server really should do in this case is saturate the 32-bit values it vends over NFSv2... but it's probably not doing that ... it's probably just truncating them.

Reminds me:

I vaguely remember needing to do mount tricks with 32bit clients
(NetBSD-i386) vs. 64bit server (NetBSD-Sparc)... "back then" at
work, but still running, there's one active emeritus remaining in
that work group.

Let me check whether that's still in the configuration... yes, but
the special option is on the client side, so a different case?
Here's the client's amd map file for /home

/defaults       type:=nfs;opts:=rw,hard,intr,nodev,nosuid,xlatecookie,nocoredump
theory          rhost:=theory;rfs:=/export/home/3;opts:=xlatecookie,rw,hard,intr,nodev,nosuid

Nothing special on the server (NetBSD-Sparc64)

Regards,
	-is