Proposal to remove strip(4)

Hey folks --

I am proposing that we remove the strip(4) (Starmode Radio IP) driver.  This is a driver for the Metricom Richochet wireless networking radios (that attach to an RS-232 serial line) that operated them in a sort of peer-to-peer mode, as opposed to the typical mode that communicated with the micro-cellular repeaters that Metricom had deployed in various markets they served.

I was a heavy user of the Metricom service back in the day (made my commute up and down the San Francisco Peninsula via CalTrain during the late-90s a lot more productive), but Starmode operation was used by even fewer people than the standard Metricom service.

Jonathan Stone wrote the strip(4) driver.  It borrows heavily from sl(4) (SLIP).  Alas, this code is not MP safe and, and the (un-)likelihood of available equipment means that updates to the driver are unlikely to be testable.  It seems like a good time to put this driver out to pasture.

Code in question:

sys/net/if_strip.c
sys/net/if_stripvar.h

Are there any objections?