Re: dead code in netinet6 (MIP6?)

coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 09:43:23PM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
>>
>> coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
>> >what is this about? do we want to keep it? :-)
>>
>> Where ?
>>
>> I have the MobileIPv6 implementation from KAME in my tree so can't do
>> a search to see if any of it has got committed already by mistake.
>
>No, it wasn't committed.
>
>When working on other kernels, we had a rule that if it's out of tree,
>it doesn't exist. I think it's reasonable. It's hard to consider cases
>you don't see.

???

I remembered that I have a checked out -8 tree that I could search.

There is some stuff in in6_src.c wrapped in MIP6 and/or NMIP that will
have been there since the IPv6 code was imported from KAME.

I have changed it slightly to work in -current.

It might be cleaner to remove it for now and add all the MIP6 code
in one go at some point in the future.