Re: Double connections (AP+internet) over a single dual band wifi dongle?

Romain Billoir <billoirr%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> @Greg: To be more precise, the device I want to create is a kind of
> portable intranet chat server.
>
> I want users to connect with smartphones and tablets to connect on it
> so I need the server to host an access point.

Beware that while almost all usb wifi things that are said to work at
all will be a client, you are talking about what our stack calls
"hostap" mode.  Some wifi adaptors support that and some do not.

Not what you asked, but check out Briar and Manyverse.