Re: altq on a gif tunnel

Anthony Mallet <tho%useless-ficus.net@localhost> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to setup a basic altqd configuration on a machine running
> -current + npf + gif(4) tunnel on a re(4) interface.
>
> Even with the most basic altq.conf file, altqstat shows no traffic
> stats:

NetBSD-current/src/sys/net > egrep ALTQ *.c
[run it yourself and have a look]

From a really quick look, it seems that there is support in if_gif.c.
(However, perhaps sometimes the support is via if.c.)

Look at if_tun.c, and where ALTQ shows up.  It's really an interesting
question exactly what ALTQ in gif should mean, but there is an analogous
method to how tun works that seems sensible.

So, you could basically adapt the altq support ofrm tun to gif, but if
you have not written and debugged kernel code I suspect it will be a
learning experience.