Re: patch: sockaddr instead of mbuf to carry addresses

hey,

On 3/24/2015 7:47 PM, Christos Zoulas wrote:
In article <20150324230053.AB04314A1D3%mail.netbsd.org@localhost>,
Mindaugas Rasiukevicius  <rmind%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
Tyler Retzlaff <rtr%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

I think so too; the only reason we are not using sockaddr_storage for it
is because we allow sockaddr_un to be up to 253 characters long as an
extension to the spec. I kind of wished that sockaddr_storage was defined
to be 256 bytes instead of 128...

I have no particular objection to doing it this way, I just thought there would be objection to changing the size of struct sockaddr_storage which is why I went with the new structure.

If it is better to increase the size of struct sockaddr_storage shoot me a preferred updated structure definition and I'll go with that.

christos

Thanks for looking.