Re: 127.0.0.1 deprecated??

>> BUGS
>>     Previous versions of the system enabled the loopback interface automati-
>>     cally, using a nonstandard Internet address (127.1).  Use of that address
>>     is now discouraged; a reserved host address for the local network should
>>     be used instead.

>> This is the first I've heard of 127.1 [...] being nonstandard for
>> loopback use or of its being deprecated [...]

> [probably current back about BSD4.1c-BSD4.2 timeframe]

Ah!  Okay, that explains it - it's a very old historical artifact, no
longer accurate.

Thanks for explaining.  (And I thought _I_ remembered the days way
back; I suppose 'twas a bit of hubris deserving of something like this
to remind me that I'm actually a newcomer in some respects....)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign