Re: AsiaBSDCon 2014 P7B: Implementation and Modification for CPE Routers: Filter Rule Scan Optimization, IPsec Interface and Ethernet Switch

On 20/03/2014 3:28, Hikaru Abe wrote:
Is there any reason you can't or won't use dhcpcd(8)?
I'm always interested in feedback to make dhcpcd the best solution.

It seems to be almost good for our routers. we would choose dhcpcd(8)
for DHCPv6 if it exist in early 2000s. :)
I'm not sure about details of dhcpcd. But i think there are some
differences between our implementation.

Our daemon do/is:
- Install black hole route (RTF_REJECT) to delegated prefix by
default. It prevent ping-pong packet between ISP and CPE for unknown
addresses are not in configured sla-ids.

Nice idea. I added support for this in dhcpcd here:
http://roy.marples.name/projects/dhcpcd/ci/ed3cccf86e?sbs=0

- IPV6CP-aware, like as ethernet link state, especially PPPoE.

Could you describe this a little more?
dhcpcd isn't a PPPoE client but monitors link state quite happily and reacts accordingly

- Tightly coupled with DHCPv6 server. Some customer network requires
redistribution of DHCPv6 options from WAN to LAN side, such as SNTP,
DNS servers, sub prefix-delegation through PD client.

Well, that is outside of the scope for dhcpcd.
Still, it can be done using current dhcpcd hooks to configure the DHCPv6 server.

- DHCPv6 relay.

Outside the scope of dhcpcd.

Thanks

Roy