Re: cubic patch

Erik Fair <> wrote:
> NetBSD can help a little by implementing RED and/or one of its variants:
> and a re-read of Nagle's RFC "On Packet Switches with Infinite Storage"
> is worthwhile:

Maybe in late 1990s, but not in 2013.  There have been recent developments
in the area.  You might find this paper interesting:

The algorithm itself is quite simple and straightforward to code.  However,
we need a well abstracted queueing interface (sorry, but ad hoc addition of
ALTQ via IF_*() macros is pretty horrible).