Re: cubic patch

Erik Fair <fair%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> NetBSD can help a little by implementing RED and/or one of its variants:
>
> http://www.icir.org/floyd/red.html
>
> and a re-read of Nagle's RFC "On Packet Switches with Infinite Storage"
> is worthwhile:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_early_detection

Maybe in late 1990s, but not in 2013.  There have been recent developments
in the area.  You might find this paper interesting:

http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=2209336

The algorithm itself is quite simple and straightforward to code.  However,
we need a well abstracted queueing interface (sorry, but ad hoc addition of
ALTQ via IF_*() macros is pretty horrible).

--
Mindaugas