Re: Static interface routes for IP address on different subnet doesn't send an ARP who-has

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 10:04:48AM -0700, Peter Kieser wrote:
> I tried the route cloning suggestion to see if it would work for the
> /32, on NetBSD 6.1:
> # ifconfig vioif0 inet netmask
> broadcast
> # route add -host -link -cloning -iface vioif0
> add host gateway vioif0

What's the routing table in NetBSD look like at each step?

Hmm, -host doesn't make sense with -cloning.  Perhaps you will get a
different result from 'add -net' instead of 'add -host'?

David Young    Urbana, IL    (217) 721-9981