Re: Network stress testing tools

On 15/08/2013, at 4:43 AM, Jean-Yves Migeon <jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost>
wrote:

> Hi list!
>
> I am looking for a library or set of tools I can integrate in a project to
> "simulate" a typical network behavior: latency(ies), packet lossage, out of
> order sequence, etc.

I would use Mininet rather than some kernel or user land hack. Mininet allows
you to create virtual networks that do whatever you want. I believe it is also
possible to hook this virtual network up to a VirtualBox guest running NetBSD.
Thie nice thing about this is that since you are using an unmodified NetBSD
system, you know that this is how NetBSD will behave on a real network.

Cheers,
Lloyd