Re: ifconfig v2

One thing I've long wished for is network interface status from NetBSD akin to
what one sees from a Cisco router's "show interface" command, specifically
including items like packets per second, bits per second, last input, last
output, etc.

I note also that the "collisions" counter reported by netstat(1) is of marginal
utility for modern FDX ethernet interfaces when attached to switches.

Whether these sorts of reports go in netstat or ifconfig is a matter for
debate, though I'd argue that traffic flow stuff is more properly put into
netstat.

        Erik <fair%netbsd.org@localhost>