Re: ndp

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 07:40:58AM +0100,
6bone%6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de@localhost wrote:

> exists there a maximum size of the ndp table? how can I determine
> the maximum number of entries?
>
> currently 'ndp -a | wc -l' reports 1492 entries and I am not sure if
> is a problem or not.

*Currently*, the ndp and the arp table are implemented as part of
the routing PATRICIA tree (but have link-level addresses instead of
network addresses as next-hop). So there's no limit different other
than the general routing table limitations. Hm, I think mostly
kernel memory limitations.

        -is